Revising AQA Language Paper One
This session will focus on the key skills required for success in both elements of AQA Language Paper One (Reading and Writing)
In Paper One Section A, students are required to respond to a fiction text. They need to be able to retrieve information, infer meaning, analyse language and structure, and develop a solid critical response to the text. In Section B, students will be asked to write either a story or a piece of extended descriptive writing.
Our revision session will cover:
- Exam time management; understanding the questions and how long to spend on each.
- Understanding the assessment objectives and mark scheme
- Responding to fiction texts
- How to analyse language and structure to maximise marks
- Understanding the requirements of differently structured comprehension questions
- Creative and descriptive writing top tips
- Key grammar skills that set you apart (semi-colons, varied sentence structures, etc.)
- Exemplar questions and peer assessment
Date: Sunday 21st November 2021
Time: 2pm – 4.30pm
Location: Watling Tutors Classroom, Unit 21D Battlers Green Farm, Common Lane, Radlett WD7 8PH.
At the moment, we are only working on a maximum capacity of 8 students owing to our commitment to being Covid secure. This is subject to change, depending on government guidance, but we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
To book or make an enquiry, click below and we’ll be in touch.