The Mighty Mob: a revolutionary programme for students in Years 5-9.
Watling Tutors Classroom is delighted to be joining forces with shyness expert and author Nadia Finer to offer a group coaching programme.
The Mighty Mob helps young people understand and work with their shyness so that they can find their voice and achieve their full potential, without changing who they really are.
The first program of its kind, created specifically for shy and reserved students… by someone who understands what shyness really feels like.
Students meet up monthly, in a small group of up to 10 students, to discuss the challenges they are facing and work on becoming more mighty, little by little. Sessions are facilitated by Nadia Finer, a qualified coach and shyness expert.
Each week members are set a new Mighty Mission – activities designed to build bravery muscles and help students find their voice.
This workshop will help parents understand shyness and support their shy children to step out of the shadows, and achieve their full potential, without changing who they really are.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO…
- Embrace being themselves – and that they don’t need to change who they are in order to be successful.
- Understand their shyness – why they feel shy and when shyness is triggered
- Take control of their shyness and find ways to overcome their fears and navigate difficult situations.
- Find their voice in different scenarios e.g. presentations, public speaking, teamwork
- Be proactive and take small steps towards their goals – e.g. speaking up in class, presenting their work, participating in group activities and sharing their ideas.
- Build on their quiet strengths and unique range of skills
Outcomes of the program would be for students to be:
- Setting goals for themselves and working towards making them happen
- Speaking up in class, asking questions, sharing ideas and thoughts
- Joining in with activities and working as part of a team
- Taking steps towards presenting work and public speaking
- Having more confidence to socialise and make friends
- Better able to navigate difficult conversations and situations
Tuesday 25th April
Tuesday 2nd May
Tuesday 9th May
Tuesday 16th May
Tuesday 23rd May
Tuesday 6th June
Tuesday 13th June
Tuesday 20th June
Group A: Years 5 – 6 – 5.30pm – 6.30pm
Group B: Years 7- 9 – 6.45pm – 7.45pm
Cost: £320 per term per student
Venue: Watling Tutors, Unit 21D, Battlers Green Farm, Common Lane, Radlett WD7 8PH
Here’s a bit more information about the course – and feel free to contact us with any questions.